Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year's!






New Year's Day Party!
Hooray for back to school! Even though it was nice to get some things done and relax a bit, I really missed preschool while we had our break. (What am I going to do during the summer!?!)

We had fun celebrating New Year's today and learning about the Letter L (ask your kids about Looney Lion). We made individual pizzas, crazy New Year's Hats, worked on a new song, and spent some time reading new books.
Our new song was The Square Song:
(I introduced this song on the square day, but the kids didn't really have time to learn it very well.)
(Sung to the tune of ta ra ra boom dee ay)
Ta ra ra boom de ay
I made a square today
My square it has four sides
Each of an equal size
My square became a house
Inside there was a mouse
Smiling in that window there
Drawn with a square

ALSO: TRAIL MIX SIGN UP FOR TUESDAY


I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THIS OUTSIDE WHEN YOU CAME TO PICK YOUR KID UP TODAY, BUT IT WAS TOO COLD AND WE WERE TOO LATE :). I PROMISE TO HAVE IT OUT ON THURSDAY, BUT IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO SIGN UP NOW, JUST LEAVE A COMMENT AND I'LL WRITE YOUR NAME ON THE LIST. IF YOU HAVE DRIED FRUIT OTHER THAN RAISINS OF CRANBERRIES OR BANANAS, YOU ARE WELCOME TO SUBSTITUTE.

TRAIL MIX SIGN UP SHEET

1. Peanuts (or other nuts) __________
2. White Marshmallows_____________
3. Colored Marshmallows ___________
4. M & M’s _____________________
5. Pretzels _____________________
6. Raisins _______________________
7. Dried Cranberries ______________
8. Chocolate Chips ________________
9. Banana Chips __________________
Please bring enough for 10 on January 13th. I will provide hot chocolate.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'll bring chocolate chips!

Crystal Taylor said...

Pretzels please!
Crystal