Thursday, May 22, 2008

Intro to Me!!


Welcome, Welcome! My name is Penny Allen and I will be teaching the Tues/Thurs morning class for Miss Monique's Parkside Preschool. Feel free to browse around so you can get a feel for me and my teaching philosophies!

Intro to Me!

Because I know it is difficult to enroll your child into a school with a teacher you do not know, I thought I would write a little about myself to help you get to know me :). My name is Penny Allen. I have been married for seven years and have two beautiful daughters. My oldest is Reese, who attended Miss Monique's Preschool last year. She is a miniature Penny and loves learning as much as I do. My youngest is Mia, almost 2 and completely full of adorable energy! I am the oldest of 7 children, with my youngest sister being only 9 years old! I graduated from Weber State with a BA in Child and Family Studies with an emphasis in Spanish. After graduating, I worked at Head Start and loved it. I value education highly and feel lucky to be able to work with your children!

I have always loved to work with kids. I started looking for opportunities to teach at an early age. When I was 16, I went thorough a Tutor Training program and worked as a volunteer in elementary schools to help struggling children learn to read. I worked with children in high school and college. I’ve even done in-home day care. In my mind, my most valuable experiences comes just being a mom.

I have always wanted to start a preschool, but have never had a place to do it. The opportunity to teach out of Monique’s preschool is perfect! I am so excited to work with your children and finally be able to use the files and files of preschool curriculum, ideas, and games that I’ve collected over the years.

I have a wonderful opportunity in working with Monique and feel that I will learn a lot from her by using her curriculum. I want to teach a preschool that I would feel comfortable enrolling my own children in. Besides the basic preschool curriculum, I also feel it is important to focus on emotion recognition to give children the ability to cope with their feelings and treat others appropriately. I hope to build self-confidence by teaching your children that they are capable and can do many things by themselves. I am comfortable working with children of all levels and have experience working with learning and behavioral disabilities. Above all, I believe that the most important thing a child can be taught to help them succeed is that they are special and loved!

Please feel free to call me with any questions you might have!

Penny
773-1183 or 866-2991

No comments: