Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas ornaments and presents

We've been having so much fun preparing the kids' presents for their parents! I haven't taken any pictures for a few days so that we won't spoil the surprise (but mostly because I my camera has been dead :)). I've already had several parents tell me that they've been taunted about their presents at home.





Here's a quick review of some of the things we've learned:



  1. Letter K--ask about Kicky Kangaroo
  2. Number 7
  3. "The Night Before Christmas" and lots of practice with rhyming.
  4. "How Santa Got His Job" book by Stephen Krensky was a BIG HIT!
  5. More Christmas songs: "Jingle Bells," "Christmas is Coming," and "We Wish you a Merry Christmas."
  6. We did NOT get to squares. We'll make that one up on Thursday.
  7. We made a really fun Santa Clause craft using shapes. I'll take a picture to post online, but I'll be keeping them to add to the graduation scrap books. Don't worry, though! More christmas crafts are coming :).
  8. Tomorrow is our Gingerbread House day. Remember to send a bag of candy.
  9. Our Hanukah party is on Tuesday the 16th. We're really excited to have Jodi Feldman coming to teach us all about it.
  10. Our Christmas gift exchange is on Thursday the 18th. Remember to send a $5 present for your child to EXCHANGE WITH SOMEONE! This can be rough for some of the little ones, so if you could prep them at home by emphasizing that the gift they're bringing will go home with someone else, it will help them be prepared to see the beloved toy go to a friend :). Don't forget to tell them that they will get a DIFFERENT new surprise present to bring home. They will also be getting a special surprise from Miss Penny this day.

I just wanted to let you know that we're still here! And I'm sorry I haven't been updating very well lately. December is such a crazy month, not only for preschool, but also for home!

No comments: