Friday, September 5, 2008

Our First Day

Our first class went so well! All of your children were such a delight to work with. Our class has 8 girls and 1 boy, and all the girls just think Deakin is their best friend.

We had a lot of fun learning each other's names with some fun games, singing "Say, say, oh playmate," coloring pictures of our first day, going for a walk to talk about school rules, reading some books about school and friends, playing with the preschool toys, and especially playing outside for recess! We played "Who took the cookie from the cookies jar" and the kids were so cute. I had them clap their hands and then slap their knees to the rhythm, which was difficult for even myself when we got off rhythm. I was surprised at how quickly they picked it up and how much they liked it.



I also asked your children a few questions about themselves. Some of the answers were very creative and made me smile. I'll be posting them in the classroom in the next few days, so feel free to come in and take a look. You may be surprised about what your child wants to be when they grow up, or how old they said they were :).






Here are just a few "First Day" pictures:






I love how you can see a little bit of each child's personality in these pictures :)








Remember: Tuesday is our first Show and Tell. Please help your child fill the brown bag I sent home with items that they think describe themselves :).

No comments: